Sunday, March 1, 2009

jaws VI

this is the first photo featured which i didn't actually take myself or set up camera to take it, but nonetheless i want it here because it documents a significant occasion - one of me face to face with a shark! mands got me a shark dive for a birthday many years ago. indeed, for my 30th she got me a sky dive. some people think there is something concerning and insidious with this pattern of life threatening gifts but i know it's just because she knows me so well :) she also took this great photo. thanks mands! besides, grey nurse sharks are not a man-eater despite having quite a terrifying and impressive set of gnashers. it was literally awesome to be in the water (manly aquarium) with them. at one point i noticed mands (in the viewing tunnel, which runs along the bottom of the aquarium) pointing behind me, i look around and there is a shark coming right at my face. it would have actually hit me in the head if one of the supervising aquarium staff hadn't pushed up against it's stomach so it just glided over the top of my head instead. my eyes would have fallen out of my head if it hadn't been for the goggles! 

No comments: